Have you always wanted to set a route?
Do you want to win some $$$$ ?
Want to make the climbing wall a better place?
Here is how it will work:
- the wall officers will be stripping climbing holds off some section of the new walls
- the wall officers will be running instruction sessions on how to set up routes
- the climbing wall will be available on Monday 6-8pm, Wednesday 6-8pm, Friday 6-9pm (pending interest) for people to set up routes
- once you are done with a route, name it, grade it (easy/medium/hard) , and add your entry to the ANUMC facebook page
- people vote on their favorite routes during the first 4 weeks of semester 2
- the most popular route gets $100 mont voucher and the runner up gets $50 mont voucher
You don't have to be a hardcore climber to set routes, we want a variety of routes to be set up. However, you have to be sure that you can commit to finish setting up a route once you start. For this reason, it might be easier to work in groups.
Sign up if you are interested in entering and indicate if you would be keen to use the wall on Fridays for route settings so I can make the relevant bookings with ANU sport.
I will put up individual trips on the calendar for instruction sessions on setting up routes soon!