So you want to do overnight and multi-day bushwalks eh? Do you want to go ultralight, carry your bespoke coffee maker and extra mats, photography gear and a pillow or go so somewhere in between?
At the gearstore I'll walk you through the basics of packing your backpack. This is NOT a "taya's way is the right way". There is no right way and backpack-packing is an art more than a science really. Rather I will guide you through the arguments and very practical demonstrations using "real-life" backpacks and gear, through the following themes, so you can make your own mind up:
* ultralight v comfort-packing
* waterproofing your pack beyond a packcover
* weight and volume distribution in your pack
* food weight
* backpacking for snow activities
* packing for urgent and emergency situations
* common pitfalls in backpacking
This talk is suitable not only for bushwalkers but anyone who wants to do overnight and multiday "STUFF". This doesn't cover clothing selection - we can do that another day!
I'll see if I can order some pizza as well.