We'll meet at the gear store after the climbing wall shuts (around 7:15).
We need more people to lead climbing trips! This information evening is for anyone who is keen to lead a climbing trip, or capable of leading a climbing trip. We want to get some feedback from you, and give you all the information you need to lead trips.
We’ll talk about:
- Why you should lead trips.
- What’s holding you back from leading trips, and what information you need.
- Responsibilities of a climbing trip leader.
- Safety principles for climbing trips.
- Technical skills required for leading trips.
- Potential types of trips.
- Potential trip locations.
- Where to start.
For those who are interested, we can also work on organising a trip for you to lead.
There will also be pizza and beer. Please detail dietary requirements when signing up.