**Read in a Action Movie Trailer Voice**
Coming this April
The most anticipated ANUMC event of the Year
Insured by ANU Sport
With original music by Northbourne Flats
Hosted By Joel Brieger and James Bailie
Cocktails on the Castle 2019
Join us as we battle our way to the top of the Castle, through deep jungle, thick foliage and sheer cliff faces. All to access the greatest party known to man. The Cocktails on the Castle.
Come equipped with your finest formal wear, most expensive and exotic beverages, and your strongest of wills. As you conquer, the Cocktails on the Castle.
Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime annual event.
We will leave Friday afternoon from Canberra and camp at Long Gully campground. On Saturday morning, we will start our short but steep (nearly 800m ascent over 5km) hike up to the Castle. The walk is exposed, with some scrambling. Once we summit, there will be spectacular views of Pigeon House, Byangee Walls and Mt Talaterang. After a quick change from hiking clothes into formal attire, the festivities will begin. Have a look at ex-president Jess’ write ups for descriptions of the previous events and information about the hike: here and here
This is a great social event for all club members. While you don’t need to have any experience, please let me know your hiking experience when signing up, and vehicle details (or lack thereof). You will need to be reasonably fit and have a head for heights. Let me know if you have any doubts and we can have a chat.
This trip is only 3 weeks away! Sign up now! Pretrip is on the Tuesday before (9th April).
List of essential gear:
- Formal dress
- Cocktail food and drink (think martinis, champagne with rasberries, mulled wine ... the more extravagant the better)
- Any tables, chairs, musical instruments, photography equipment, eskis etc. that you can lug up the mountain
- Camping/hiking gear (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, clothing, hat, pack, stove + fuel + matches, plates + cutlery, toiletries, torch, sunscreen, water - you will need to carry all your water with you)
- Warm clothes (over your formal dress when it gets dark)
- Good pair of walking shoes/boots
- FREE STANDING tent
This walk involves EXPOSED SCRAMBLING and requires a good head for height. Please get in contact if this may be an issue - it doesn't mean you can't come, but we can make a plan.