*REGISTRATIONS ARE STILL OPEN FOR THIS TRIP, ESPECIALLY FOR BEGINNERS AND THOSE WHO HAVE NOT PARTICIPATED ON PREVIOUS TRIPS. Please sign up ASAP if you are interested and mention if would be your first club trip.
*This trip is aimed at beginners and especially ANUMC members who have not gone on any club trips yet!
Depart ANU Sport at 9.30AM Saturday. Pick up firewood on the way from Bunnings. Drive to Legoland carpark and take the short, easy walk to the spectacular granite boulders area. Explore and play around the boulders.
Drive back down to Honeysuckle campground and set up camp. We can have a campfire and toast marshmallows, etc if people would like to.
*If time, weather and cloud coverage is favourable, we can wander over to the former tracking station site for some stargazing / astrophotography after dark.
The next morning, we will leave the campsite at 4AM -- optional for people who want to participate -- and drive up to the Booroomba Rocks carpark. We will then do the 2.5km walk up to the top at a leisurely pace (1.5-2 hrs - the walk is quite steep) using head torches. At the top, we will watch the 6AM sunrise and cook / eat breakfast (luxurious!)
For the rest of the day we can hang out at the campsite / study at the campsite :( / explore the area or head back to ANU early as people please.
Please indicate the following:
1. If you have a car and are happy to drive. Spots will be limited to the number of cars available.
2. Your walking experience / beginner-ship.
3. If this is your first club trip.
*Signing up to this trip does not guarantee your spot. Participants will be confirmed closer to the date. Priority will be given to beginners and first-time participants. We will be walking at a beginner's pace on this trip. If you do not provide the information requested your registration will not be considered.
* Indicates mandatory gear
Can be hired from the gear store (remember to bring cash):
- *Tent (with poles & pegs - please check if hiring)
- *Sleeping bag
- *Sleeping mat
- Rain jacket
- Rain pants
Can't be hired:
- *Head torch (please make sure it works BEFORE the trip - can be bought from Coles or most adventure stores)
- *Personal first aid
- *Personal medication
- *3-4L of water
- Hat / sunscreen / sunglasses
- Hiking / walking shoes
- Warm layers + sleeping clothes / beanie / gloves / spare socks
- Bowl / pot / cutlery
- Toilet paper / tissues
- Hand sanitizer
- Plastic bag for rubbish
Food for the trip:
- Saturday: lunch (packed), dinner (at the campsite)
- Sunday: breakfast (to cook / pack for Booroomba), lunch (packed / we can drive somewhere)
- Snacks and anything you want to cook on the campfire