"The wall's closed over exam period so there's no climbing": Not with that attitude.
You will need:
CAN BE HIRED FROM THE GEAR STORE
* Climbing harness
* Climbing shoes
* Belay device (see below)
* Locking carabiner
CANNOT BE HIRED
* Appropriate clothing (outdoor conditions, it may be windy)
* Food and water for a day (it might be quite warm)
* Personal first aid
Shared gear (ropes and draws) will be provided.
No pre-trip meeting so please email/text me if you have any concerns.
You MUST be confident using your belay device. Assisted locking is preferable if you are a beginner. The gear store officer can help you find a belay device.
- ATC - consider using an ATC guide (with teeth)
- Megajul - assisted locking
- Another belay device you are confident using
*Beginner numbers are dependent on the number of experienced sign ups. Signing up is no guarantee of going on the trip.
*Trip will be canceled if the weather is bad.
*You must indicate your climbing experience if I haven't climbed with you before. Also let me know if you're happy to bring your own draws or rope.