Friday, 6 March 2020 - 3:00pm to Monday, 9 March 2020 - 6:00pm
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP
UPDATE: ALL BEGINNER SLOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED. DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER
The Ultra Rad Coast Safari (URCS) is focused on beginner climbing and bushwalking. Held over the Canberra Day long weekend (6-9 Mar 20), URCS will be based out of Honeymoon Bay on the Beecroft Peninsula near Nowra. The campground is right on the beach so there will also be plenty of opportunity for a quick swim.
Transport is by shared vehicle - A transport plan will be put together once people start signing up.
The payment for camping fees and fuel costs will need to be paid prior to 4 Mar 20 (details will be e-mailed out).
Due to campground and supervision limitations URCS is limited to 20 participants. Including:
- 4 Trip leaders
- 8 Beginners
- 8 Intermediate/advanced (Must be self-sufficient in organising own gear and activities).
For the camp out participants will need:
- Tent (one between two or three)
- Sleeping bag
- Thermal mat
- Stove and cooking gear (recommend sharing)
- Clothes (including for adverse weather)
- Toiletries (including toilet paper)
- Meals (3 x breakfast, lunch, dinner) – Although there is the opportunity to go into town
- Water (minimum 3L)
For the activities beginners will need:
- Climbing shoes
- Walking shoes
- Clothing for climbing and bushwalking
When signing up, in the comments section please indicate:
- If you are a beginner or intermediate/advanced (if there are too many beginners some registrations may need to be canceled)
- If driving, when and where you intend to depart, and when you intent to return.
Technical aspects aside, the URCS is a great event to socialise and get to know other club members in one of the most beautiful parts of Australia.
$35 + gear hire
-2 slots left.