Want to help communities recover after the fires but don't know how? This is your chance! We are organizing a joint trip with a bunch of other small Canberra buisnesses to the Cobargo BlazeAid camp. Come along and spend 2 days rebuilding fences and helping out properties affected by this Summer's fires. No fencing/farm work experience required!
Many of the communities that were affected by the NYE fires are still in need of help. BlazeAid are doing a fantastic job, but their main volunteer labour force are grey nomads, who are feeling the physical toll of farm work. With 280+ properties registered for Blazeaid’s help, they really need fit, active and positive young people to inject energy and effort into the huge task that confronts these communities.
We would love to get ANU involved by bringing along a team of keen beans from the club! Lots of walking involved too so you could even see it as training!
Things to note:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided (if you have any dietary requirements please bring some of your own food or let us know)
- Riggers gloves and all other necessary PPE equipment will be available (bring your own if you have it)
- We will be sleeping on a playing field in tents/swags. Please bring your own if you have them and let us know if you don't. There are hot showers and toilets.
- Bring long-pants, long-shirts, sturdy boots and have your tetanus injections up to date. We'll be working with barbed wire and other (burnt) things.
- Let us know if you have a car you're willing to drive down!
If people are keen we might head down a bit earlier on Friday arvo and stop by the beach for a quick swim/surf :))