PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO THIS ACTIVITY UNLESS YOU ARE PART OF THE CANYON LEADER 2020 SKILLS GROUP
Do not attend if:
- you're feeling unwell or have flu-like symptoms
- have travelled internationally, come from a hotspot or been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, and/or
- your health is considered high risk
If there is a spike in untraced community transmission in Canberra this trip may be cancelled.
Leave ANU sport at 7:00am on Sunday, drive to Long Gully Canyon in the Bungonia State Conservation Area and complete up to 10 abseils. Intent is to finish canyoning by 16:30 but could take longer.
Participants will need:
- Safety prusik
- A figure 8 or ATC descending device
- 3 x Locking carabiners (For descender, safety prusik and PAS)
- Personal Anchor System - can be a 60-120cm sling
- Sturdy pair of shoes (there is a propensity for loose rock in the canyon)
- Warm clothes (as there could be some waiting around) - worth considering thermals and a beanie depending on weather forecast
- Rain gear (depending on weather forecast)
- Space blanket
- Hand sanitiser
Gear should be picked up from the gearstore prior to the activity. The group equipment will be taken care of.