PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO THIS ACTIVITY UNLESS YOU ARE PART OF THE CANYON LEADER 2020 SKILLS GROUP
Leave ANU Sport at 7am, drive to Clover Hill Rd to leave 2 cars and do car shuffle to Clover Hill Rd carpark. Complete around 7 abseils down the canyon, starting at Clover Falls down to the creek. Intent is to finish canyoning by around 4pm, but could take longer. There are options to bypass sections if needed (e.g. if running out of time/daylight). The longest abseil is 25m.
Participants will need:
- safety prusik
- figure 8 or ATC descending device
- canyon bag
- dry bags/heavy duty garbage bags
- 3 x Locking carabiners (For descender, safety prusik and PAS)
- personal Anchor System - can be a 60-120cm sling
- canvas shoes
- spare dry change of clothes
- rain gear (depending on weather forecast)
- space blanket
Gear should be picked up from the gearstore prior to the activity. The group equipment will be taken care of.
Do not attend if:
- you're feeling unwell or have flu-like symptoms
- have travelled internationally, come from a hotspot or been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, and/or
- your health is considered high risk
If there is a spike in untraced community transmission in Canberra this trip may be cancelled.