Join us in the high plains area of the Kosciuszko national park as we set our camps at Magpie Flat and explore the surrounding area of Blue Waterholes. This trip will involve gorges, creeks, waterholes, waterfalls, caves, thermal pool, BBQ (based on availability), historic homestead and good company all jam packed in a two day relaxing trip. If we are lucky, we might also spot platypus. We will be camping at Magpie Flat campground, and might do BBQ at the nearby Blue Waterholes campground, which is accessible by 2WD cars. https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/campgrounds/blue-waterholes-campground/near-by
1) Leave ANU at 5, arrive Magpie Flat/Blue Waterholes at or around 9. Then do Nichols Gorge walk: https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/nichols-gorge-walking-track
2) If there's still plenty of time, we can do Clarke Gorge Trail -https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/kosciuszko-clarke-gorge-walking-track
3) Set up tent at Magpie and if possible, have a BBQ dinner at Blue Waterholes
1) Go to Coolamine Homestead (https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/historic-buildings-places/coolamine-homestead) , we can drive there or walk.
2) Then go to the thermal pool to relax. https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/swimming-spots/yarrangobilly-caves-thermal-pool .
3) Do Castle Cave Walk https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/castle-cave-walk , explore other caves in the area. (most of the ones seen online are closed, but there might be some which are accessible) The agenda can be adjusted according to weather, timing, speed etc.
**Please note that signing up to this trip does not guarantee a spot - I will determine final participants based on experience levels, car availability, etc. I will prioritise participants who can provide cars/transport.
In line with our Covid-safe policy: do not attend if you're feeling unwell, have flu-like symptoms, have travelled internationally or been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or your health is considered high risk. Please indicate whether or not you have the Covid-safe app.
**Please be aware that depending on weather conditions, this trip may have to be postponed/cancelled to ensure participants' safety.