PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO THIS ACTIVITY UNLESS YOU ARE PART OF THE CANYON LEADER 2020 SKILLS GROUP
Leave ANU Sport at 7am and drive to Clover Hill Rd carpark. Starting at Clover Falls we'll head down the creek complete around 7 abseils. Intent is to finish canyoning by around 4pm, but could take longer. There are options to bypass sections if needed (e.g. if running out of time/daylight). The longest abseil is 25m.
Participants will need:
- Personal Anchor System/safety tether - can be a 60-120cm sling
- figure 8 or ATC descending device
- 3 x Locking carabiners (For descender, safety prusik and PAS)
- canyon bag
- dry bags/heavy duty garbage bags
- canvas shoes
- spare dry change of clothes
- rain gear (depending on weather forecast)
- space blanket
Gear should be picked up from the gearstore prior to the activity. I will take care of group.
Do not attend if:
- you're feeling unwell or have flu-like symptoms
- have travelled internationally, come from a hotspot or been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, and/or
- your health is considered high risk
If there is a spike in untraced community transmission in Canberra this trip may be cancelled.