TRIP LEADERS WANTED!
O'week is a fantastic opportunity for up-and-coming Trip Leaders to run simple, low risk activities to showcase what the ANUMC has to offer.
Come-and-Try sessions are short taster activities which can be run at convenient times throughout the week to motivate new and prospective members.
To run a session just add it to the Trip Calendar, noting:
Title. Call the activity “O’week Come-and-Try – [ACTIVITY NAME]”. This way we can distinguish O'week activities from other activities.
Registration. Because many new members won’t know how to register please add the following in the description: "To register, log in to this website, select the trip, fill in your details and click Create Registration at the bottom of the page. If you do not have a login click the Create A New Account link to create an account. Then register for the activity”
Some suggested activities include:
- Bushwalks around Black Mountain, Ainslie or Majura
- Trail rides around O’Connor Ridge, Black Mountain, Ainslie or Majura
- Sea and white water kayaking on the lake (note kayaks will not be available 20-21 Feb)
- Climbing on the wall – With experienced members belaying
- Abseiling on the wall
- Bouldering at the gym or around campus/National Library
Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.