Please be at the wall, ready to start by 5 o'clock. Anyone arriving late will not be able to participate.
By signing up you are stating to the course organiser that you definitely intend to attend the course. If, due to an unavoidable change in circumstance, you are unable to attend, then please notify the organiser via phone or email as soon as possible. It is not acceptable to simply not turn up, or to cancel at the last minute. This is unfair to those on the waiting list, and wastes the organiser's time.
Experienced belayers and ANUMC belay pass holders who want to renew their belay pass should contact me directly rather than signing up to this belay course.
This course will go over belay techniques for new climbers. If you already know how to belay you still need to get a belay pass from us to be able to climb at the ANU gym.
Please read the requirements and description and make sure you can attend before signing up.
Please make sure you have the following BEFORE coming to the course:
1. A screenshot sent to the Climbing Wall Officer running the course confirming a successful bank transfer to the ANUMC of $10 within 24 hours of registering (unpaid registrations will be cancelled to allow those on waiting list access). Note that this payment is non-refundable so please ensure you have correctly signed up for the course (and not the waiting list) before paying. Cancellations and late arrivals will not be refunded. The ANUMC bank account details are:
Account Name: Society Cheque Acct
Account No: 0090 4624
Description: "Belay Pass Fee <Firstname> <Surname>"
PLEASE NOTE: For auditing purposes, the bank transfer Description must EXACTLY match the above format e.g "Belay Pass Fee John Doe". If not, there maybe issues processing your payment and your course may be delayed.
2. Valid SRA membership - if you are a current ANU student, just bring your ANU student ID; If you are not a student then bring your SRA membership receipt (physical or email).
3. Valid ANUMC membership; please bring a copy (on your phone is fine) of the email confirmation that ANU Sport sent you when you signed up for the club. The subject line of this email is "Membership confirmation".
4. Belay course form (filled out with as much as you can, with uni ID, expiry, ect). Available at the ANU Sport front desk.
5. $5 to pay at the end of the course.
You must have all 5 of the above, otherwise you will not be able to participate.
Please make sure you are a paid member of the club before coming to the belay course. You can join the ANUMC via the join the club link at the top of the home screen on our website
You must also read the following explanation on how to use a Gri-Gri:
Bring your climbing gear if you have any, otherwise wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you can climb in. Please make sure you are on time as latecomers will not be able to participate.
See you at the gym!