The ski season has begun - there is snow! Now to stretch our ski legs with a very short early-season trip.
* Where? We will leave Canberra very early on Sunday morning, parking at Guthega, then spend the day skiing around the 'Paralyser', near Perisher ski resort. Return to the cars by 4pm because sunset comes so early.
* What kind of skiing? The tour to the Paralyser is very short (about 2km) and then we have a choice of ski slopes, depending on skills or energy levels (eg steep slopes are there if you are keen, but not compulsory).
* Who's it for? Please indicate when you sign up:
-- skiing ability: are you comfortable on green and blue runs at the ski resort? If not, please indicate how much skiing you've done before.
-- ski touring level: none required, suitable for first timers in the backcountry.
-- outdoor/wilderness experience: please indicate if you have done much bushwalking or other trips with ANUMC or elsewhere, or outdoor leadership/experience programs.
* Like most trips I do, one aim of this trip is to encourage new adventurers who will help build up a group of active skiers around ANUMC. As a result, signing up is an only an indication of interest and does not guarantee a place.
* Note: this trip depends on reasonable weather, and I may postpone by one week if the forecast for Sunday is bad.
* Pre-trip is essential to get skis and make sure everyone has appropriate gear etc.