This trip is a 5 day paddle called the Whanganui Journey, a 5 day river paddle on the Whanganui River and one of New Zealand's 10 Great Walks.
The river paddle will take place on 21-25 of January 2023 and I am seeking EOIs for up to 4 participants for this trip.
To be eligible for this trip, you must have:
- contributed to the club in the past in running trips, helping with the running of club activities (organisational activities included too), are/were part of the committee or exec.
- Priority would be given to members who have helped in running kayaking activities in the past.
- been on multi-day kayaking expeditions.
- know how to roll a kayak.
- have navigational skills.
Conditions of participation
As a condition of participating in this trip, participants will be required to help with organising the trip. Tasks include:
- pre-trip organisation
- making reservations,
- helping with specific tasks during the trip,
- writing an article for Epic magazine,
- running future kayaking trips.
Each participant will be allocated particular roles for the trip.
Up to $2000 including flights, transport, accommodation, kayak hire, etc.
Participants would need to be willing to commit to:
- Long paddling sessions on Lake Burley Griffin.
- Multi-day sea kayaking trips
- Rolling practice
- Grade 1-3 white water trips
If you are interested in this trip, please provide a short statement explaining why you should be selected for this trip. Here is the proposed plan: 2022 Whanganui River NZ.
** EOI closing on 15th Nov
** This trip is partially funded by ANUMC Expedition and Adventure Fund.