Who can go on a trip?
- Club members are given priority on club trips.
- Non-members may participate in club trips if there is space available, at the leader's discretion. If you would like to join a trip and you do not have membership, please contact the trip leader.
How much do trips cost?
Costs for each trip are detailed on their respective trip calendar entry. Most trips are run by volunteers who do not charge for their time. Trip costs normally include park entry and travel (fuel costs). These are shared between participants with payment coordinated by the trip leader. Participants cover their gear hire and food.
When external instructors are hired to run courses for members a discounted rate is often provided for members who actively contribute to the club. This is decided at the discretion of the exec.
How do I join a trip?
- Join the club
- Sign up to a cool trip on the trip calendar
- Attend the pre-trip meeting
- Hire gear
- Don't be late for the trip
- Have an awesome time!
- Write an article for our magazine the EPIC
- Tell all your friends to join
What if there are no trips in my favourite activity?
- Most trips are run by volunteers so may not always be available.
- Message the Slack or Facebook groups (on the contact page)
- Come up with a plan and be willing to coordinate the trip. A suitable Trip Leader or supervisor may be available to help. The club also has a large selection of guide books and maps in the gear store.
- Consider leading your own trip!
I'm not sure if I have the right gear
You should be able to hire most of the gear you need from the gear store. For other items like clothing or footwear, check with your trip leader at the pre-trip meeting. There is some advice about activity specific gear on the Activities pages.
Someone has asked me to be a Safety Contact for a trip, what's that?
If the person who nominated you is overdue to return from their trip, then you should contact someone on the ANUMC exec. They will make further enquiries using the information stored on the website and contact the authorities if necessary.