To join a trip, you must register on the trip calendar. Only members are able to sign up! The registration form is hidden for non-members. Please do not just turn up and expect to be on a trip or you will be turned away.
Before attending a trip all members are expected to have familiarised themselves with the relevant sections of our club safety policies and procedures.
Expectations from Participants:
- Read the trip description carefully. Make sure you have the right skills, experience and fitness.
- Signing up doesn't guarantee you a spot on the trip. Trip Leaders should confirm with participants via email. For beginner trips it's first come first served, but trip leaders will be selective based on people's experience for more advanced trips.
- If you can no longer attend, cancel your registration as soon as possible to provide someone else an opportunity to sign up. If in doubt, contact the Trip Leader directly.
- Trip Leaders are volunteers who run trips in their spare time. They are not guides. Please respect their authority to make decisions on behalf of the group
Pre-trips meetings are held prior to the trip as detailed in the trip description. They usually cover:
- Transport: including choosing drivers and working out meeting places
- Gear: If you need anything (e.g. tents, stoves, climbing gear etc.) it can be hired from the gear store after the pre-trip.
- Specifics of the trip, exactly you're doing and anything special you need to be aware of.
It is very important to attend pre-trips. If you don't attend a pre-trip and don't notify the leader, then you probably won't be going.
Costs vary considerably from trip to trip. They can include, fuel, camping fees, gear hire, food and national park entry.
The trip leader should arrange for driver reimbursement, but if they forget please offer fuel money to your driver, or don't hesitate to ask your passengers for some money if you drive.
Non-members may participate on club trips if space is available and only as a guest of the trip leader, but may not use any club gear. Club members have priority on club trips.
Non-members cannot hire gear from the club.