Hello bushwalking enthusiasts!
If you are new to bushwalking and want to dip your toes in with day trip, or if you're a seasoned hiker looking for an excuse to do a social walk, come along on Saturday 12 August for a walk up Mt Tennent. I'm very excited about my new multi-day hiking pack, so I want to load it up with some weight and test it out on a day trip. Anyone else keen for some training ahead of spring is welcome to join me.
Distance: 15 km
Time: 6 hours (depending on people's fitness)
Meet: at the ANU Sport at 9:00am Saturday morning.
- Meet outside ANU Sport at 9:00 am Saturday morning.
- 30 min drive to Namadgi Visitor's Centre.
- Lunch at/near the top.
- Depending on how long we take walking and eating lunch, we might get back to the car around 2:30 - 4:30 ish, then half an hour back to ANU sport from there.
What to bring:
- trail runners or hiking shoes
- sun protection
- plenty of water
- packed lunch for a picnic at the top
- if you're after some training, feel free to join me in wearing a weighted pack
Note: Mt Tennent requires reasonable fitness. Please let me know in your registration your general fitness level/hiking experience so I can plan according to the group's needs.